Fèng Huáng Practice is open, but please consider the following for your own safety and mine:
- Appointments are scheduled with more time in between, to allow time to ventilate the practice and clean contact surfaces before and after appointments. The cover of the massage mat is cleaned after each treatment session.
- Before the appointment, I will ask you to fill out a list of questions to ascertain that you (most likely) are not infected with the coronavirus. If you or a housemate does have symptoms that may indicate a COVID-19 infection, or if you are a high risk patient, please stay at home. We can schedule a telephone or video consultation for Chinese herbal medicine, and you can still build your health. If you have already filled out the list but you or a housemate suddenly presents with symptoms, please contact me directly. Should you need to cancel the appointment at short notice for this reason, I will not charge you for it.
- For the present, I ask you to bring your own props for a shiatsu consultation or relaxation massage. Apart from the usual pair of clean socks, a big towel and a smaller one, these include a (washable) blanket, a pillow or cushion, and perhaps a bolster for your knees. If you tend to get cold easily, you may want to bring a hot water bottle, a heat pack, or an electric blanket. Please make sure that everything is clean and that all pillow cases, towels, and blankets are washed every time.
- If possible, please do not use the bathroom at the practice. Especially when having a shiatsu consultation or relaxation massage, you may want to go at home shortly before leaving (it can be quite uncomfortable to lie down on a full bladder). If a visit to the bathroom really cannot wait, this is no problem of course. Just let me know and I will clean the toilet again.
- Preferably arrive at the practice alone. If you cannot or will not go by yourself, naturally you can bring somebody along, but please let me know in advance. Also, please try to arrive at the appointed time and not too long before.
- Try to touch as few objects as possible with your hands. For example, use your elbow to open doors. Wash your hands before going to the practice, and disinfect them shortly before your appointment. Stow away any items you will not need during the appointment in your bag or coat pockets.
- During the interview, we will keep a 1,5 meter (5 ft) distance; this is the same for a shiatsu consultation. I will wear a facial mask and sometimes gloves. You will wear a facial masks upon entering and leaving, but you can take it off during the treatment session.
- I will not serve the usual cup of tea. If you like, you can bring your own bottle of tea or (hot) water. Particularly after a massage it is very important to drink plenty of (warm) liquids.
- Cash payment is discouraged. Within a few days after the appointment, I will send you an invoice which you can pay via a bank transfer.
- Further, the same rules apply as everywhere else. Keep a 1,5 meter (5 ft) distance whenever possible; when you sneeze or cough, be sure to cover your mouth and nose with a paper tissue you immediately dispose of, or else in your the bend of your elbow; do not shake hands upon meeting, and wash your hands regularly.
Keep in mind that if you go to the practice, there is a greater risk of getting infected with the coronavirus than when you stay at home. Despite all the extra preventative measures and the rules of conduct mentioned above, I can never guarantee that my practice is 100% virus free. If you want to take no risks, simply do not go. You can always make an appointment for a telephone or video consultation for Chinese herbal medicine and advice regarding nutrition, physical practice, and acupressure.
Take care of each other and stay healthy!